« Home | So much going on » | on the hunt » | Redemption » | And now, a test » | Dealing with the uninformed » | An End; A Beginning »

new J-O-B

well, I've finally got a "real" job. That's right, I've left the dungeons of the hospitality industry that catered to my education needs of flexibility so well for last 3 years and I've acquired a position that's actually in my realm of study...pretty exciting!

I am working at Hewlett-Packard, under a contract with a consulting firm, whereby I am the technical writer for the Human Factors Engineers in the home photo printing research and design sector. I've been there two weeks and I a still have a lot to learn.

My short term goals: learn as much as I can in my niche to become a valuable asset, and perhaps land a position within Hewlett-Packard.

Long term: To get my Masters/PhD and become a designer or usability engineer. Eventually, I would like to either run my own project team, or develop my own company (of course I do, right?)